Shop for Keyboards at GuitarCenter.com
Musician's Friend Hot Deals
Yamaha MM8 Music Synthesizer
Our Price: $999.99
Friday, April 03, 2009
Open Labs Neko LX5
Play your virtual instruments live with this versatile, portable, 61-key workstation.
With a 15" touchscreen, 61 black-and-white keys, external QWERTY keyboard, and running Windows OS, NeKo LX5 is an entirely new class of multimedia instrument. This portable media production station was specifically designed with keyboard playability, fusing both worlds of studio engineering and live performance effortlessly.
NeKo LX5's optimized Windows OS natively supports virtually any music application or plug-in developed for a PC. From Pro Tools to Nuendo, Native Instruments Komplete to Spectrasonics Omnisphere, NeKo LX5 does it all with ease.
This Gen5 NeKo LX5 is equipped with the Bump MP integrated drum module, designed to allow the user to create beats and trigger any sound, loop, or sample in real time. Enhanced with a special Open Labs version of Guru from FXpansion, key features of the Bump MP include: (16 plus 1) fully assignable pads, note repeat, max level, fixed level fader, transport controls, chromatic mode, hold, pad tune, multiple groove preset, and eight engines with 24 presets per engine.
This special keyboard/workstation is also equipped with the new Open Labs Mix/Edit controller. The mixer section consists of multiple fully assignable controls including: (8) encoders, (8) lighted buttons, (8) faders, (4 X 4) banks (total of 128 channels), and (1) master volume fader. The edit section consists of multiple, fully assignable controls including: (8) encoders, (1) LCD display (for encoders), (4) buttons, and (4) banks (total of 32 control parameters).
NeKo LX5 is full of relevant and compelling sounds like Open Labs' The Master's Series Library produced by multi-platinum producer Mr. Porter (Denaun Porter), as well as Open Labs' own V5 sound, sample, and loop library.
Part of the included software package, Open Labs Riff is an entirely new concept in virtual instrument hosting. Written from the ground up by Open Labs, Riff encompasses over 6 years of live performance and studio production knowledge gathered from some of the world's top artists, engineers, composers, and producers. Its advanced features include Live Controls which allows the user to create any number of virtual controls in real time that can be mapped to various effects and other parameters. Advanced intelligence allows any number of virtual controllers to manipulate any number of other virtual controllers, providing automation for virtual instruments and effects. Rewire allows for this powerful host application to be used within any DAW program.
Another advantage of the NeKo LX5 is that it offers superior mobility in a compact package. It's perfect for working in a project studio of performing live—where creating beats, guitar, and vocal multi-tracking, and DJ/VJ capabilities are as necessary as playing a keyboard. Its assignable Master and DJ controllers elevate live performance beyond normal application. For instance, you can trigger MP3's in real time, then grab audio waveforms via the touchscreen. To top things off, throw some real-time drum, bass, and vocal lines on top of your mix.
Open Labs instruments are equipped with FireWire, USB, PCI EXPRESS and an Ethernet port, allowing access to the Internet via a broadband connection. Open Labs' tech support can log-in to your system, and their online technicians can remotely view and diagnose any issue—while you are still in your own studio.
Included in the NeKo LX5's arsenal is over 200 world-class virtual instruments and effects, as well as over 20,000 presets with virtually unlimited capability for third party plug-ins and applications.
Open Labs Neko LX5 Specifications:
* CPU: 2.5 GHz Core2Quad
* Memory: 4GB RAM
* Storage: 2TB
* Expansion Slots: (1) 5.25" Dual-Layer DVD-RW burner (8.5GB/disc)
* Audio I/O:
* (1) High Performance Audio I/O Card with Low Latency including 24-bit/96kHz professional 4-in/6-out: (2) mic/instrument preamp inputs (with Phantom Power 48V), (2) analog line inputs, (6) analog line outputs, S/PDIF digital I/O (coaxial), (1) Headphone Jack with Volume Control
* Connection: MIDI In/Out, 1) Sustain and (1) Expression ports, 2) USB 2.0 ports, (1) FireWire 400 port, (1) Gigabit (10/100/1000) Ethernet port
* Power Supply: 500+ Watt power supply, whisper quiet cooling fans (internal chassis, processor & power supply)
Dimensions: 46"W X 20"D X 7"H
* Weight: 46lb.
Open Labs Neko LX5 Features:
* 61-key semi-weighted synth action keyboard (World-class Fatar Technology)
* Control Surfaces: Pitch Bend and Modulation Wheels, Trackpad with 2 Buttons, External Keyboard ("QWERTY") Module, DJ Module: Penny and Giles Crossfader, 7 knobs, and 12 buttons
* High Speed Dual-Layer 8.5GB/Disk CD and DVD Burner
* Internal 15" color touchscreen LCD high-resolution (1024 x 768), external video port for running dual monitors or a video projector
* Open Labs RiFF virtual instrument host
* Open Labs Karsyn V1.6 independent host for all of your PC-based Virtual Instruments (VST)
* 4Front Technology Truepianos provides the real feeling of an acoustic piano
* Wusik Wusikstation V3: powerful advanced hybrid vector & wave-sequencer sampler virtual instrument
* Lenna Digital Sylenth virtual analog synthesizer with over 700 presets
* Reaper DAW with unlimited tracks that records audio-MIDI and integrates all of your Karsyn presets in an easy-to-use, drag-and-drop format
* Livid Cell
* Acronus OEM
* Chicken Systems Format Converter
* Digital Sound Factory Proteus 2000
* Digital Sound Factory MoPhat
* Digital Sound Factory Virtuoso
* Dimension LE
* Mr Porter sounds
New V5 Sound Library Software:
* Software: Microsoft Windows XP Home, Open Labs Custom GUI (Graphic User Interface), Open Labs Karsyn V1.6, Open Labs Riff, Open Labs MimiK, PC Angel
PREMIUM Factory Sound Library V5: Accordion, Addictive Drums, Artphase, EVM Bassline, EVM Ultrasonique, BB303i, Blood Bucket, Crystal, Cubix, Highlife, Lallapallooza Lite, MDA DX10, MDA JX10, Microsynt, Mini Erhu, Minimal, Monolisa, Motion, Mr. Alias, Mr. Ray 22, Mr. Ray 73, Mr. Tramp, Nanotron 2, Organized Trio, Phadiz, Plugsound Free, Protoplasm 21, RealGuitar, Rez, Rogue, String Synth, String Theory, STS-26, Super Spook Keys, Synth 1, Tiki Clav
* Power cable
* Quick Start guide
* Allen wrench
Korg microKORG XL Synth with Multi-Modeling Technology
8-voice MMT synth engine, 17 effects, built-in vocoder, modulation, and more.
For years, the microKORG has been a top-selling synthesizer. Now the microKORGXL is ready to join KORG's popular lineup. Based on the same winning combination of a small footprint, 37 mini-keys, battery-powered portability, and huge KORG sound, the microKORG XL Modeling Synth is ready to expand your musical vocabulary. The fun factor is huge too. A gooseneck microphone is included for instant vocoding excitement, right out of the box.
Neo-Vintage Synth Power The microKORG XL synthesizer carries a proud pedigree. The MMT (Multi Modeling Technology) sound engine is descended from the RADIAS/R3 synthesizers, while the dual effects processors come down from the famous KAOSS line. The black key/white key proportions have been adjusted for easier chording and playability; the key response has been improved for rapid-fire soloing. The square front keys give it that old-school feel too. Together with a sound-bending vocoder and six-pattern arpeggiation, KORG's microKORG XL packs a powerful sonic punch.
The 8-voice MMT synth engine offers traditional analog waveforms plus a total of 7 algorithms, including formant waveforms, noise, and PCM/DWGS waves for those vintage keyboards and strings. Cross-modulation, unison stacking, and VPM (Variable Phase Modulation) let you create sounds that would be impossible for a conventional PCM synthesizer. Sync and ring modulation make it easy to create complex and powerful sounds. Two multi-mode filters, a drive/wave-shaping circuit for distinctively distorted sounds, and EG and LFO for creating time-varying tonal change, provide plenty of parameters for serious synthesis. Virtual Patching brings it all together.
Seventeen up-to-the-minute effects deliver everything from a traditional chorus to grain shifting. In the delay, effects can be synchronized to MIDI clock for beat-sensitive situations. You can even process external sounds. The microKORG XL's amazing vocoder adds vocal characteristics to any sound, creating everything from talk-box filtering, pseudo choirs, talking instruments to vintage Sci-Fi robots. KORG's unique Formant Hold allows you to freeze the vocal input for continuous vocoder effects. Use the Formant Shift function to adjust the level and pan of each of the 16 bands, greatly altering the tonal character. The distinctive retro-styling allows for quick selection of any of the microKORG XL's 128 on-board, editable programs. For the diehard synthesists and sound designers, you can use the 3 performance edit knobs for fast, effective audio editing in performance. You're also free to select and assign your favorite parameters. Download the free editing software from the KORG website and manage sounds on your computer.
Korg microKORG XL Synth with Multi-Modeling Technology Specifications:
* Interface and Keybed
* Display: Custom backlit LCD
* Keyboard: 37-note Natural Touch action
* Switches: 7; Bank (2 position), Octave Up and Down (toggle), Timbre select (2 position), Arp On/Off, Vocoder On/Off, Write, Exit/Shift
* Knobs: 7; Volume, tempo, program select (genre and category), real-time assign, edit menu selector
* Wheels: Pitch and Modulation
* Polyphony: 8 voices (up to 4 when the vocoder is selected)
* Program: 128
* Number of timbres: Maximum 2 (when using Layer, Split, or Multi)
* Synths: 2 (oscillator + noise generator)
* Waveform: Saw, Pulse, Triangle, Sine, Formant, Noise, PCM/DWGS, Audio In
* Modulation: Waveform, Cross, Unison, VPM
* Waveform: Saw, Pulse, Triangle, Sine
* Modulation: Ring, Sync, Ring+Sync
* WS-type: Drive, Decimator, Hardclip, Oct Saw, Multi Tri, Multi Sin, Sub Osc Saw, Sub Osc Squ, Sub Osc Tri, Sub Osc Sin, Level Boost
* Filter 1: -24 dB/oct LPF, -12 dB/oct LPF, HPF, BPF, Thru
* Filter 2: LPF, HPF, BPF
* Vocoder: 16-band vocoder, adjustable level and pan for each band, Formant Shift function, Formant Hold function
* Effects Timbre: 2-band EQ
* Master: master effects (17 effect algorithms)
* Arpeggiator: UP, DOWN, ALT1/2, Random, Trigger (6 types), Step Arpeggiator function
* Programs: 128 programs (banks A/B x 8 genres x 8 categories)
* Audio In [Line] jack, Audio In [MIC] jack (with Audio In [Mic/XLR] switch)
Audio In [Line] jack:
* Maximum input level: +19 dBu
* Input source impedance: 8 ohms
* Connector: 1/4" phone jack (unbalanced)
Audio In [Mic] jack:
* Maximum input level: -11 dBu
* Input source impedance: 7kOhms
* Connector: XLR (balanced)
* L/MONO, R jacks:
* Maximum output level: +6 dBu @ 10 kOhm load
* Output source impedance: 1kOhm
* Connectors: 1/4" phone jacks (unbalanced)
* Maximum output level: 36 + 36 dBu @ 33ohms load
* Output source impedance: 10ohms
* Connector: 1/4" stereo phone jack
* In, Out
* USB connector: B type
* Power supply: DC9V
* Uses six AA batteries (approximate lifespan is 4 hours with alkaline batteries, not included)
Korg microKORG XL Synth with Multi-Modeling Technology Features:
* 37-note Natural Touch action keyboard
* 8-voice MMT (Multi Modeling Technology) sound engine with 7 algrithms
* Dual effects processors from the KAOSS line
* 17 effects
* Ring and sync modulation
* Formant Hold to freeze vocal input for more vocoder effects
* 128 on-board, editable programs
* 3 performance edit knobs
* XLR gooseneck microphone with windscreen
* Power adapter