Yamaha MOTIF ES8 88-Key Music Production Synthesizer
Rating: Overall: 9.62
Unprecedented performance and expressive control.
The Yamaha MOTIF ES8 88-Key Music Production Synthesizer features a huge 175MB wave ROM, an enhanced soundset of 1,859 waveforms for the MOTIF's 1,024 voices, plus 65 drum kits. A newly designed tone generator chip offers true 128-note polyphony, and a newly developed synth engine provides new parameters and faster, more precise envelope control. An enhanced effects system includes 20 reverb types and 49 chorus/delay types, 8 types of mastering effects including multiband compression, and a 5-band master EQ.
The MOTIF ES8 houses an advanced Phrase Factory arpeggiator with realtime loop remix capability plus parameters such as Swing, Velocity, and Quantize so you can easily modify preset arps. Overall expressiveness of the instrument has been expanded with the new "Mega Voice" system, a technology that makes it possible to include all the nuances of an instrument in the sample.
Motif ES integrates seamlessly with DAWs via its USB connection to function as control surface. It also has a USB "To Device" port for connection to USB storage devices.
Yamaha MOTIF ES8 88-Key Music Production Synthesizer Features:
* 88 keys
* Largest wave ROM of any workstation keyboard (175MB)
* Enhanced soundset of 1,859 waveforms
* 1024 voices plus 65 drum kits
* 128-note polyphony
* Newly developed synth engine provides new parameters and faster, more precise envelope control
* 20 reverb types and 49 chorus/delay types
* 8 types of mastering effects including multiband compression
* 5-band master EQ
* Advanced Phrase Factory arpeggiator
* New Mega Voice system for samples that include all of the subtle nuances of an instrument
Yamaha MOTIF ES8 88-Key Music Production Synthesizer Specifications:
* Tone generator block:
* Tone Generator: AWM2 (complying with the modular synthesis plug-in system)
* Polyphony: 128 notes plus polyphony of the plug-in board (if installed)
* Multitimbral Capacity: 16 parts (internal) plus 3 or more plug-in board parts (1 for each single plug-in board; 16 for multiplug-in board), audio input parts (A/D, AIEB2, mLAN with 4 stereo parts)
* Wave: 175MB (when converted to 16-bit linear format), 1859 waveforms
* Performances: 128 User (up to 4 parts)
* Filter: 18 types
* Effect System: 20 types of reverb; 49 types of chorus; (A,B) insertion x 116 types x 8 blocks; 8 types of master effects; 5-band master equalizer; 3 bands stereo parts EQ; plug-in insertion available when the PLG100-VH has been installed into slot 1
* Expandability: 3 slots for modular synthesis plug-in boards
* Preset - 768 normal voices + 64 drum kits
* GM - 128 normal voices + 1 drum kit
* User - 128 x 2 (Bank 1 original, Bank 2 picked up from preset) normal voice + 32 drum kits
* Plug-in Preset - PLG150-AN/DX/PF/DR/PC:64; PLG150-VL:192
* Plug-in User: 64 for each plug-in slot
* Preset for the PLG150-AN/DX/PF/DR/PC: 64
* Preset for the PLG150-VL: 192
* User: 64 for each plug-in slot
* Samples: Up to 1024 waveforms (multisamples); up to 128 key banks/waveform; up to 4096 key banks
* Sampling Sources: Analog input L/R; stereo output (resampling); digital/optical available when the AIEB2 has been installed; mLAN available when the mLAN16E has been installed
* A/D Conversion: 20-bit, 64x oversampling
* D/A Conversion: 24-bit, 128x oversampling
* Sampling Data Bits: 16
* Sampling Frequencies: 44.1kHz, 22.05kHz, 11.025kHz, 5.5125kHz (stereo/mono)
* Sampling frequencies of 48kHz, 44.1kHz, and 32kHz can be input digitally when the AIEB2 is installed.
* Sampling frequencies of 44.1kHz (fixed) can be input digitally when the mLAN16E is installed.
* Memory: Optionally installed, expandable to 512MB (256MB DIMM x 2 slots)
* Sample Lengths: 32MB mono, 64MB stereo
* 44.1kHz: 6 min. 20 sec.
* 22.05kHz: 12 min. 40 sec.
* 11.025kHz: 25 min. 20 sec.
* 5.0125kHz: 55 min. 40 sec. mono/stereo
* Original format
* A3000/4000/5000/SU700 format (loadable only)
* AKAI S1000/S3000 format (loadable only)
* Note Capacity: Approximately 226,000 notes
* Note Resolution: 480 ppq (parts per quarter note)
* Maximum Polyphony: 124 notes
* Tracks: 16 phrase tracks in pattern mode; pattern track, tempo track, scene track in pattern chain mode; 16 sequence tracks (loop on/off can be set for each track) in song mode, tempo track, scene track
* Patterns: 64 x 16 sections; 256 maximum measures
* Phrases: 687 preset; 256 user per pattern
* Songs: 64
* Arpeggio: 1787 preset types; 256 user types
* MIDI sync, MIDI transmit/receive channel, velocity limit, and note limit can be set.
* Sequence Format: Original format; SMF format 0, 1 (format 1 load only)
* Master: 128 user with 4 zones (master keyboard settings), assignable knob/slider settings, and program change table
* Software: Sequence software compatible with the remote control function
* For Windows: SQ01 V2, Cubase SX, SONAR 2.0, Multi Part Editor for MOTIF-RACK, Multi Part Editor for MOTIF ES
* For Macintosh: Logic 5.5, Digital Performance 3.1
* Controllers: Pitch bend wheel, modulation wheel, ribbon controller, 4 assignable control sliders, 4 assignable knobs, data dial
* Display: 240x64 dot graphic backlit LCD
* External Memory: SmartMedia (3.3V)
* Connectors: OUTPUT L/MONO, R (standard phone jack); ASSIGNABLE OUTPUT L, R (standard phone jack); AD INPUT L, R (standard phone jack); PHONES (standard stereo phone jack); FOOTCONTROLLER 1/ 2
* FOOTSWITCH x 2 (SUSTAIN, ASSIGNABLE); BREATH MIDI IN/OUT/THRU
* USB (TO HOST, TO DEVICE); AC INLET
* Power Consumption: 38W
* Dimensions: 57-3/8"W x 18-1/4"D x 6-5/8"H
* Weight: 62.4 lbs.